Study MBBS in Abroad
Fees, Admission, Colleges for Indian Students
There are numerous universities offering MBBS courses abroad, presenting students with the opportunity to pursue a prosperous career in medicine. Every year, a significant number of students travel abroad to study MBBS. The potential of medical science abroad is immense, ensuring a 100% success rate for those pursuing MBBS abroad. Indian students can greatly benefit from studying MBBS abroad, as there are several universities affiliated with the NMC. To pursue MBBS abroad Indian students, it is advisable to seek guidance from a professional education counsellor to ensure a smooth admission process.
Compared to private colleges in India, studying MBBS abroad for Indian students comes with lower tuition fees. With the help of a reputable consultant, the admission process can be smooth and hassle-free. Several countries offer excellent quality education for MBBS aspirants. Currently, the Philippines is a popular destination for Indian students looking to study MBBS abroad.
Duration to pursue MBBS abroad
Studying MBBS in foreign countries typically takes around six years to complete. This includes both the academic coursework and practical training, such as internships and clinical rotations. The curriculum is designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of medical science and prepare them for a successful career in the field. With a six-year MBBS course, students can gain valuable experience working in multinational organizations across the world, enhancing their skills and knowledge.
Educational quality and medium of teaching
The educational quality and medium of teaching in MBBS abroad for Indian students are top-notch. The universities have world-class facilities and experienced faculties to provide quality education to students. The medium of teaching in most of these universities is English, which makes it easier for international students to understand and communicate. The curriculum is designed to be comprehensive, covering theoretical as well as practical aspects of medicine. The teaching methodology is student-centric and the emphasis is on developing critical thinking and problem-solving skills. The practical sessions are conducted in well-equipped labs and hospitals, providing students with hands-on experience. The educational quality and medium of teaching in MBBS in abroad for Indian students are of high standards.
Eligibility Criteria: MBBS in Abroad for Indian students
- Candidates must have scored at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in their 10+2 examination.
- For students belonging to the OBC/SC/ST reservation category, a minimum of 40% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology is required.
- Candidates must also meet the qualifying score in the NEET examination.
To apply in a medical school, it is important for every candidate to thoroughly read and review the prospectus and application form before submitting it to the admission office.
Interview and Counselling:
Selected candidates will be called for an interview and counselling. Admissions are based on merit.
1. The application form must be complete and all entries legible.
2. Original documents will have to be produced at the time of counselling. Attested photocopies of documents mentioned below should be attached with the application form.
b) 10th, 11th & 12th Mark Sheet
c) 10th & 12th Passing Certificate
d) Eligible NEET Score
e) Transfer Certificate / Leaving Certificate
f) Migration Certificate
g) Birth Certificate
h) Community Certificate
i) 10 Nos. Recent Photograph (80% face visibility, White Background, Matte finish)
3. Candidates who are short-listed will be duly intimated for further admission process.
4. Check the fees payable for the course before applying to the medical school. All tuition fees are reviewed annually. Fees once paid will not be refunded.
5. Terms & Conditions:
Candidates should make the application with the consent and approval of their parents or guardian. They must affirm that the information given in the application is complete and true to their knowledge. They must undertake to abide by the disciplinary rules and regulations. The candidates also expected to undertake to abide by the regulations regarding course curriculum and academic standards as may be prescribed by the medical school from time to time. The candidates shall not do anything either inside or outside the campus premises that will interfere with day to day function of the management, decorum and discipline.
What are the benefits of studying MBBS in abroad for Indian students?
- The medical colleges in abroad countries are WHO/NMC approved, and the admission process is simple and easy.
- The MBBS (MD) degree obtained from these universities are recognized globally, providing students with the opportunity to practice medicine anywhere in the world.
- The faculty members are highly skilled and knowledgeable, and the universities are recognized by eminent worldwide organizations such as NMC, FAIMER, WHO, etc.
- The field of medicine has vast scope in abroad countries, and the fees structure and cost of living are affordable for Indian students.
- Another advantage is that there is no need to take IELTS/TOEFL, as the medium of instruction is English in some countries.
- Visa approval rates are 100%, and the environment is friendly and supportive for MBBS aspirants.
- There are many hostel facilities for students from other countries, and the fees can be paid in two instalments. Graduates of these universities receive the best salary packages.
- The experience of learning in a new culture is enriching, and the quality of medical education in abroad universities is world-class.
Loan Assistance to study MBBS abroad for Indian Students
- There are various procedures involved in getting an education loan, which are usually provided by banks.
- Educational consultancy firms can assist students with the loan application process.
- These firms can guide students throughout the process, from filling out the loan application form to liaising with both national and private banks.
PG studies & practicing Medicine:
After completing their MBBS in abroad, students are offered several postgraduate (PG) options or they can practice medicine. These options include:
- Qualifying the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) to practice in the USA.
- Joining a PG program in Germany.
- Qualifying the Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board (PLAB) exam to practice in the UK.
- Qualifying FMGE to practice medicine in India.
- Qualifying the Australian Medical Council (AMC) exam to practice in Australia.
Thus, there are numerous PG options available after completing MBBS abroad for Indian Students
Disadvantages of Studying MBBS abroad for Indian students
Cultural differences: Students who are not used to the local culture may find it difficult to adjust to their new surroundings.
Homesickness: Being away from home and family can be difficult for some students, leading to feelings of homesickness and loneliness.
Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE)
FMGE stands for Foreign Medical Graduate Examination, which is a licensure examination conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE) in India. It is mandatory for Indian citizens who have obtained their medical degree from a foreign country to clear the FMGE in order to practice medicine in India. The FMGE is a challenging exam and has a relatively low pass rate. Candidates who pass the exam are awarded an FMGE certificate, which allows them to practice medicine in India.
This is the overview of studying MBBS in abroad for Indian students. Seeking guidance from a reputable consultancy can help to ensure a smooth admission process. Best of luck to all aspiring students!