Common inquiries regarding MBBS in the Philippines
If you are considering pursuing MBBS in the Philippines, you may have some common inquiries. Here are a few important points to address those questions:
1. Is the medical degree from the Philippines recognized worldwide?
The medical universities in the Philippines, including Davao Medical School Foundation (DMSF), are recognized by international medical bodies such as the World Health Organization (WHO) and the National Medical Commission (NMC). This recognition ensures that the degree is valid and accepted globally.
2. What is the medium of instruction for MBBS programs in the Philippines?
English is the primary language of instruction in medical schools in the Philippines, making it easier for international students, including Indian students, to study and communicate effectively with professors and peers.
3. How long is the MBBS (MD) program in the Philippines, and what is the curriculum like?
The MBBS program in the Philippines is six and a half years, including a pre-med course and a one-year internship. The curriculum is designed to provide comprehensive medical education, covering theoretical knowledge, practical training, and clinical rotations.
4. What are the eligibility criteria for Indian students to study MBBS in the Philippines?
Indian students usually need to fulfill certain requirements:
- 12th grade or equivalent qualification with a minimum of 50% in physics, chemistry, and biology subjects
- Pass mark in English subject
- A valid NEET score
- Obtaining the necessary documents for admission and visa processes
5. What is the cost of living and education in the Philippines?
Generally, the cost of living in the Philippines is affordable compared to other countries. The tuition fees for MBBS programs may vary depending on the university and the specific program.
6. What are the opportunities for Indian students after completing their MBBS in the Philippines?
Indian students who complete their MBBS in the Philippines are eligible to take the Foreign Medical Graduates Examination (FMGE) conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE) in India. Upon clearing the FMGE, they can apply for medical practice or further specialization in India.
Davao Medical School Foundation
Join Davao Medical School Foundation in the Philippines for your MBBS studies. DMSF is a prestigious institution known for its exceptional medical education and renowned faculty. With state-of-the-art facilities and a student-centred approach to learning, DMSF provides an excellent environment for aspiring medical professionals. One of the key advantages of choosing DMSF is its high FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduates Examination) pass percentage.
DMSF has consistently produced successful FMGE results, ensuring that its graduates are well-prepared and equipped to excel in their medical careers. Furthermore, DMSF offers a comprehensive curriculum that covers both theoretical knowledge and practical training. The institution emphasises hands-on experience through clinical rotations, allowing students to gain practical skills and exposure to various medical specialties. Take the first step towards your medical career by joining Davao Medical School Foundation.