What You Know About MBBS In Philippines And What You Don't Know About MBBS In Philippines.
When it comes to study MBBS Abroad, Indian students shall have to qualify NEET exam with qualifying marks. MBBS in India, the admission in particular college could be possible only with the cut-off score in NEET exam. With more than 15 lakh of medical aspirants, a single option open to fill the seat is quite tough. Keeping up with all the concerns, students now prefer to study MBBS abroad. One of the best choices to study medicine abroad is MBBS in Philippines.
As per the reports, there are about 10,000 students who choose to study MBBS in philippines. Most of the medical universities in Philippines follow the American Standard of Medical Education, which makes it easier for the students in the future, as they would face examinations like FMGE and USMLE. MBBS in Philippines is the ideal choice for Indian students who choose to study MBBS abroad. Let us study in detail what you know about MBBS in Philippines and what you don't know about MBBS in Philippines.
MBBS in Philippines - A comprehensive study
The Philippines is one of the countries that bring consideration to studying MBBS. MBBS in Philippines allows you to pursue your choice of degree in English. The medical degree obtained from MBBS study in Philippines is approved by esteemed organizations such as WHO and MCI. The USMLE results define the educational quality in Philippines which is 100%. Many medical universities provide placement facilities for their students.
The medical universities in Philippines have great infrastructure that makes the learning experience euphoric. Medical universities provide quality training to their students for their significant progress in the field of medicine.
Why study MBBS in the Philippines?
- The medical universities in the Philippines are very affordable
- They follow the American system of medical education
- The medium of instruction is in the English language.
- The medical universities in the Philippines do not charge donation fees
- The country has a literacy rate of 95%.
- The Philippines are considered to be the most skillful English speakers, they stand in the third position for the biggest English-speaking country in the world.
- MBBS in Philippines is known for its quality education.
- Since it is ruled by females, it is the safest place for female students.
- The country has a tropical climate that is very much similar to that of India.
- The lifestyle of the country is very easy to adapt to, and the people are more friendly.
- The medical universities have recognition from IMED/ECFMG/WHO to study MBBS in Philippines.
- The MD Course in the Philippines is equivalent to that of the MBBS degree in India.
Information Table- MBBS in Philippines
|Eligibility||50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology
40% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology for the reserved category
|Duration of the course||5.5- 6 years|
|Medium of Instruction||English|
Advantages for Indian Students to Study MBBS in Philippines
- Unlike other countries like Russia, China there is no requirement for other languages, the mode of guidance shall be in English.
- The other entrance exams like TOEFL or IELTS are not required to take admission in the Philippines.
- Due to the similar weather conditions as that of India, the disease spectrum is also very similar which helps in diagnosing patients.
- There are no donation fees charged for the students apart from the tuition fees.
- They are well known for their training in various streams that include advanced educational establishments.
- The medical training which includes clinical rotation is based on the U.S. system of education.
Cost of Study- MBBS in Philippines
Though the educational cost may vary depending on the universities, as the college has its expenses. Here are a few estimated costs to study MBBS in Philippines. The fee ranges from 15-20 lakhs that also rely on the universities. While few of the exceptional universities charge higher fees for the MBBS course. The expenses which include hostel charges, food, and other miscellaneous expenses will come around INR 12,000-15,000 per month. The overall costing may wind up between the range of 25 lakhs- 35 lakhs, this might be half of the expenses for the students studying medicine in the private colleges in India.
Food and Accommodation
The majority of the medical colleges in the Philippines provide hostel facilities for Indian Students, though it is not mandatory for the students to stay within the campus, the universities recommend the students to stay within the campus for security and assurance of well-being of the students. The hostels are under the surveillance of CCTV cameras to ensure safety for the students and also provide convenience to the female students. The top medical universities provide Indian food, which includes veg and non-veg based on the preference of the student.
Cost of Living
When compared to other countries, the typical cost of living in the Philippines is very less. But in comparison to the living expenses in India, it is said that the living expenses in the Philippines are 40% higher than in India. The cost of food at restaurants and the market items would cost about 1.75% higher than in India. While few students have reported that the clothes and shoes are priced the same as that of India, the electronic goods are three times the price of India.
Best Medical colleges in Philippines for Indian students:
- University of Perpetual Help System Delta
- Emilio Aguinaldo College
- UV Gullas College of Medicine
- Davao Medical School Foundation
- Lyceum Northwestern University
- Southwestern University
- Our Lady Fatima University
- Bicol Christian College of Medicine
Admission Procedure to study MBBS in Philippines
Students have to go through this stepwise procedure to be aware of the admission procedure to study MBBS in Philippines. Below is the list of stepwise procedures for the students:
- Step 1 : Students must fill the application form to initiate the process of admission
- Step 2:Now, you will have to submit the photocopies of the necessary documents like passport, mark sheets, and other prescribed documents by the university, these are mandatory for the application of the permission letter.
- Step 3 : You shall receive confirmation from the university through a greeting letter.
- Step 4 : Once confirmed, you can apply for the visa with all the necessary documents.
- Step 5 : In this stage, students will have to appear for the personal interview for the approval of a visa at the Philippines Embassy, students are requested to carry the essential documents.
Documents for the Admission to study MBBS in Philippines
For the students to complete the admission process, here is the list of documents required to complete the process:
- Application form
- Medical Health certificate
- CEA (Police clearance certificate by the Embassy)
- Visa fee
Did you know? The Philippines is called the educational hub in Asia, this is mainly due to the quality of education here and for their standards. Many Indian students choose to study MBBS in Philippines, mainly because of its disease pattern that is similar to India. Students will not feel like an outsider in the Philippines, they can adapt very easily.
Students doing their MBBS study in Philippines will have a wider vision in terms of knowledge. There are better chances of employment in many other countries as well. To study MBBS in Philippines comes as a great opportunity to explore the new culture and lifestyle here along with the learning. Education in the Philippines comes at a very affordable price. The accommodation and living expenses are very economical. Students from India get to adapt very easily
MBBS in Philippines follows the American System of Medical Education, which includes clinical rotation as a part of their curriculum. This is a great chance for the students to have clinical exposure. They get to communicate with the patients, learn from the senior Physicians and handle patients even before they get to start with the practice.
The Philippines is a country that is well known for its culture, quality of education, etc. It attracts students from various other countries, with its friendly and adaptable environment, students choose to study MBBS in abroad.