The complete guide to study MBBS in abroad
Every year there are millions of students who face the issue of getting admission into a medical college. While few students manage to secure high scores in the entrance exam and the other students who choose alternative options. Practically every student can't score high, students who have secured the eligible marks in the entrance exam shall have an option to study MBBS. In such circumstances, students have a better chance to study MBBS in Abroad.
In various other countries, MBBS courses are offered at an affordable price. MBBS in abroad is one of the wise choices with certain constraints. MBBS in abroad comes as a single-hand solution for many troubles and concerns. The process of MBBS admission in abroad countries is hassle-free nowadays. Let's have a visual examination of the complete guide to study MBBS in abroad.
MBBS Study Abroad- Benefits
The MBBS degree from abroad country will add greater benefits to your profile, it is listed below:
- The standard of education from abroad countries will help you grasp the subject with practical application.
- MBBS in abroad delivers world-class education and helps students to work with the medical equipments
- Most medical universities use English as the medium of education.
- The cost of medical fees is extremely low.
- Students get an opportunity to different ethnicities, various other cultures, and backgrounds.
- Unlike the private medical universities in India, the medical colleges abroad do not charge anything from the capitation fee, there shall be no option for a donation fee.
- Students are provided with scholarships to study MBBS in abroad
- The living cost in a few countries shall match the cost of living in India.
- Students will have global exposure
- Most of the countries provide Indian food within the campus for Indian students
Study MBBS in abroad- Course Details and Highlights
The table below provides the course details and highlights to study MBBS in abroad.
NEET/MCAT (For Entrance exam)
IELTS/TOEFL (For English Proficiency)
Other universities conduct their entrance test
|Fees structure -MBBS in abroad||INR (15 lakhs- 60 lakhs)|
|Top Countries to study MBBS in abroad||USA, UK, Canada, Philippines, Australia, etc|
|Average expected salary||INR (40 lakhs- 1.3 crores)|
|Eligibility criteria - MBBS in Abroad||
Completed 12th exam with PCB as core subjects
Qualified in NEET entrance exam
|Course Duration||5-6 years|
Minimum- 17 years
Maximum- 25 years
|Top recruiting positions||Doctors, Physicians, Junior Doctors, Junior Surgeons, Researchers, and Scientist|
|Top recruiters||Clinics, Hospitals, Health centers, Pharmaceuticals, Biomedical companies, and Nursing Homes|
- As per UNESCO, every year there are about 3 lakhs of Indian Students who want to study MBBS in Abroad.
- Students have to qualify for the NEET exam to study MBBS in abroad.
- Candidate must have
- The candidate must have secured 50% of the minimum aggregate marks in PCB subjects.
- In a few countries, English proficiency tests are mandatory for Indian students such as TOEFL, GRE.
- Candidates must have studied subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics in their 10+2 level of examination.
- The duration of an MBBS course to study MBBS in abroad is 4-6 years.
- The fee cost in abroad countries would range from INR 15 lakhs -60 lakhs
Eligibility Criteria- To study MBBS in Abroad
Students must fit into the eligibility criteria that are specifications set by the medical universities abroad
- Students willing to study MBBS in Abroad must have aged minimum of 17 years and a maximum of 25 years on or before the date of admission
- Students must have secured a minimum of 50% in science subjects
- Some of the foreign universities required the candidates to clear TOEFL/IELTS, but it is not compulsory in all universities.
- Students should have been qualified in the entrance exam such as NEET.
Age limit- to study MBBS in abroad
- The minimum age to study MBBS in abroad for the candidate is 17 years, on or before the date of admission.
- The maximum age to study MBBS in abroad for the candidate is 25 years one or before the date of admission.
- Transcripts from academic institutions
- Birth certificate
- Marksheets of 10th and 12th class
- School migration certificate
- NEET scorecard
- Letter of recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Medical Certificate
- Financial Statement
- Passport size Photographs
How to study MBBS in Abroad?
To apply for an MBBS study abroad, there is a stepwise application process. Students must follow the requirements for the process of admission to the preferred medical college abroad. After the initial process of the submission of the required documents, students shall receive the invitation letter that will be sent by the university. Students shall now start with the process of other documents such as visa application, transcript, medical insurance, etc.
However, the admission process shall vary from various other countries and universities as well. Check out the details below for the process of admission:
- Step1: Select the preferred medical university abroad, check with the guidelines.
- Step2: In certain universities, candidates are required to appear for the English proficiency test which is an eligibility test to move forward with the admission process.
- Step3: Fill the online application form, be cautious while filling the application form and avoid errors.
- Step4: Candidates are required to upload the essential documents
- Step5: To pay the application fee as prescribed by the university
- Step6: Post the successful submission of the application form, candidates will hear back from the medical university
- Step7: Candidates must send their passport along with the original documents and the acceptance letter to the embassy for the visa.
- Step8: After the process of visa application, applicants must make travel arrangements before reaching the university.
How to select the country to study MBBS in Abroad?
There are several important factors to consider for selecting which country to study MBBS
- Plan your budget to study MBBS in Abroad
- Check how many Indian students are studying in that country
- Be aware of the language used for the medium of instruction
- Get to know about the weather conditions around the year.
- Enquire whether the course is in English or other bilingual languages
- Safety aspects for the students
- Population in the country/city of the preferred location.
- The cost of living must be manageable for the Indian students
Important Tips to considering before admission
MBBS degree is one of the most prestigious degrees. Be aware to select the best medical university, here are the key points to consider before taking admission to study MBBS in abroad:
- Select the best overseas consultant, that helps you to guide for selecting the medical university as per your priority
- Do not pay the consultancies in advance, always remember to pay only after you proceed with the admission process.
- Look out for the medical universities that are approved by MCI, NMC, and WHO
- Choose the “A” grade universities
- Check with other details, regarding the course details and duration
- Few universities provide scholarships, be aware to apply on time.
- If required check for the education loan and the procedure for the loan application.
- Check whether the medical university offers the course in English or not.
Studying MBBS in abroad comes as an ample opportunity, students are requested to plan for their future as per their field of interest. If the student remains dedicated to their decision, one can move forward without any hesitation. The benefits of MBBS study abroad are endless.
In today’s generation, people are trying to do the impossible and get successful, sometimes we cling to our comfort zone to avoid complications but at certain points, we are required to break the boundaries to reach the ultimate destination. MBBS in Abroad might look like an onerous task, but it comes as a boon to your career path. It shall boost your confidence and develop your personality as well.
There are a lot of misconceptions about the MBBS study in Abroad, students are frightened to opt for medical education there, but it all lies within the choice of university, be clear with your choice of medical university. Do complete background research regarding the medical university. Students are advised to get in touch with the representatives of the university to enquire and to make the admission process hassle-free. If one is not looking to risk for success, then they will have to settle for the ordinary.