Revised Exam Date For NEET UG 2021 confirmed: Know everything about NEET 2021 application form, NEET UG Exam Dates & more.
Revised Exam Date for NEET-UG 2021
Union Education Minister, Dharmendra Pradhan announced on Monday (12.07.21) that the National Testing Agency (NTA) will be conducting the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) for the undergraduates on 12th September 2021. The pandemic has delayed the NEET UG 2021 and after a long wait, the exam date for the NEET UG has finally been announced. Now the medical aspirants can once and for all set their targets and proceed accordingly. The last scheduled date for the NEET exam was 1st August 2021 but due to the spike in the covid cases, the date has been deferred and has been rescheduled to be held on 12th September 2021.
The registration process for the NEET UG 2021 will be starting from today (13th July 2021) from 5 pm and the NEET UG 2021 application form will be released on the official website of NTA: https:\\www.ntaneet.nic.in
Important guidelines for NEET UG 2021
- For NEET UG 2021, the number of cities and exam centres have been increased. This is mainly done for two reasons. First, the students will not have to travel long distances and secondly, by increasing the number of exam centres, this will reduce overcrowding at each centre.
- The education minister also tweeted that the number of cities conducting NEET UG 2021 has been increased from 155 to 198 and the number of exam centres will be increased from the current count of 3862.
- Face masks will be made available at the centres.
- Time slots during entry and exit to the centres have been sporadically spread around to reduce overcrowding. Whereas, on the part of the centres, they will be ensuring that there is contactless registration, proper sanitisation, revised seating arrangements as per the social distancing norms etc. will be ensured.
- Candidates are requested to refer to the official website only for updates and confirmation. Visit http://www.ntaneet.nic.in
How to apply for the NEET-UG 2021?
- 1. Visit the official website of the National Testing Agency: http://www.ntaneet.nic.in
- 2. Click on the registration link.
- 3. Login with your details.
- 4. Fill in the form, upload required scanned documents and photographs.
- 5. Pay the registration fees.
- 6. Download and take a printout of the confirmation receipt for future reference.
Eligibility Criteria for the NEET-UG 2021:
NTA has listed all the parameters in terms of required percentile, nationality, age limit etc to appear for the NEET exam which every candidate must comply with. They are listed as below:
|Qualifying exam for NEET 2021||Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent degrees with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biochemistry and English.
Candidates who are appearing for 10+2 or equivalent degrees are also eligible.
|NEET Eligible Age Limit||Candidates must be 17 years old as of 31st December 2021.|
|NEET Upper Age Limit||The decision on the upper age limit has not been made yet.|
|NEET Eligibility marks 2021||Only PCB aggregate is considered for the 12th percentile:
|Maximum number of attempts for NEET||There are no maximum number of attempts for NEET|
|Nationality||Indian Nationals, NRI(s), OCI(s), PIOs & Foreign Nationals|
|State Quota||85% has been allotted to state quota meaning that the counselling seats of govt colleges in the respective states will be open to the aspirant belonging to that state. This will require domicile proof and the candidates must abide by other conditions as well.|
Documents/details required for NEET-UG 2021 application form
Candidates need soft copies of relevant documents to apply for the exam.
● Passport size and postcard size (both)
● The photograph must not be older than 3 months
● The name of the candidate and date must be printed below the photograph
10 Kb to 200 Kb (passport size)
4"x6", 50 kb to 300 kb (postcard size)
|Scanned Signature||Signature of the candidate in black ink on white background||4 Kb to 30 Kb||JPG/JPEG|
|Scan of thumb impression||
● Left-hand thumb impression
● Should be on white paper with blue ink
|10 Kb to 50 Kb||JPG/JPEG|
|Class 10 Passing Certificate||A clear scan of the passing certificate||100 Kb to 400 Kb||JPG/JPEG|
|Other things that must be kept handy||
● A valid mobile number
● Valid Email Id
● Class 10 marks and percentage
● Class 12 marks and percentage
● Identity Number - Aadhar Card number/ Passport number/ Ration Card number/ bank account/ any other valid Govt. identity number
● Credit card/ Debit card/ Net banking credentials
Application Fees for NEET-UG 2021:
|Category||Application fee (In Rs)|
|Other Backward Classes||1,400|
|Scheduled Caste /Scheduled Tribe||800|
|Persons with Disability||800|
Important dates for NEET-UG 2021:
|The information brochure will be released||July 13, 2021 (5 pm)|
|Registration will start from||July 13, 2021 (5 pm)|
|Last Date to fill the application form||To be announced|
|Successful transaction of application fee||To be announced|
|Correction window||To be announced|
|NEET 2021 Admit Card||To be announced|
|NEET 2021 exam day||