MBBS in Philippines: An overview
The Philippines is experiencing a surge in popularity among international students seeking to study MBBS, with over 10,000 students from around the world flocking to the country. This trend is driven by the country's numerous advantages over other destinations for medical education. To learn more about why so many international students are opting to study MBBS in the Philippines, keep reading.
When compared to MBBS programs in China, pursuing an MBBS degree in the Philippines is a highly appealing alternative. In recent years, the popularity of studying MBBS in the Philippines among international students has skyrocketed. The country offers several compelling reasons to choose a medical degree there, including the low cost of education and the excellent facilities and faculty provided by top colleges.
The Philippines is comprised of three distinct geological zones, namely Mindanao, Luzon, and the Visayas. Its diverse topography, which includes rolling hills, lush woodlands, coastal areas, and agriculture, contributes to its abundant biodiversity. The country boasts a high concentration of flora and fauna, making it one of the world's most biologically diverse regions.
Why study MBBS in Philippines?
- The country has the lowest educational costs for medical universities, making it the most affordable option globally.
- The educational system is based on the United States' model, and English is used as the language of instruction.
- The Philippines boasts a high literacy rate of over 93%.
- There are no policies requiring donations from students.
- It is the most populous English-speaking country in Asia and the third-largest in the world, with English being the medium of instruction in higher education.
- The way of life in the Philippines is easy to adapt to, with friendly people and a welcoming environment.
- The country is regarded as one of the safest in the world for women.
- The majority of medical colleges have accreditation from IMED/ECFMG/WHO.
Davao Medical School Foundation (DMSF)
Davao Medical School Foundation (DMSF) is one of the top medical colleges in Philippines. It was established in 1976 by a group of physicians in Davao City, Philippines. The founders aimed to address the shortage of healthcare professionals in the region and to provide outstanding medical education to students from the Philippines and around the world. Since its establishment, DMSF has become one of the leading medical schools in the Philippines, offering an exceptional medical education program that combines theoretical knowledge with extensive clinical training. DMSF has consistently maintained its exceptional track record of achieving the highest passing percentage in FMGE results every year, with an impressive overall success rate of 85%.