DMSF on Career Prospects on USMLE
Davao Medical School Foundation located in the city of Mindanao in the Philippines is one of the best choices for Medical aspirants. Davao Medical School Foundation is recognized by medical organizations.DMSF is recognized by USMLE. By clearing the USMLE exam(the United States Medical Licensing Examination) students get to study PG in the USA. The USMLE exam consists of three USMLE steps. It makes it convenient for the students to choose a high-paying career and to hold a green card in the USA.
DMSF is accredited by ECFMG (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates) and FAIMER ( Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research). With the certification from these International medical organizations, students from DMSF will have an easy transition to work/ study PG in the USA.
What is USMLE?
USMLE stands for the United States Medical Licensing Examination. It is a three-step examination process conducted by the Federation of State Medical Boards of the USA (FSMB). USMLE is governed by the committee members from FSMB, NBME ( National Board of Examiners), and ECFMG ( Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates).
USMLE is the license examination to practice medicine in USA, students have to qualify for USMLE to pursue their career in the medical field. The content of the exam is developed by the committee of medical professionals from various fields which includes scientists, clinicians, and medical educators.
USMLE Exam Details
The USMLE exam is composed of three steps, Step 1, Step 2 are subdivided into two parts Clinical Skills (CS) and Clinical Knowledge (CK), and Step 3. The overview of USMLE is briefed below:
|USMLE exam details||USMLE Step-1||USMLE Step-2||USMLE Step-3|
|Clinical Knowledge||Clinical Skills|
|Mode of exam||Computer-based||Computer-based||Test in US centres( Atlanta, Chicago, Houston,Philadelphia and Los Angeles||Computer-based|
|Duration of the exam||8 hours||9 hours||8 hours||First day-8 hours Second day- 9 hours|
|Question Format||280 MCQ’s, it is further divided into 7 parts, 40 MCQ’s in||316 MCQ’s divided into 8 parts, Approximately students||Students will have to attend 12 patients and must record||Day 1-233 MCQ’s divided into 6 parts|
|each part, Students will have 90 seconds to answer each question||will get 91 seconds for each question to answer||their diagnosis details. 15 minutes will be allocated to attend each patient and 10 minutes to record their information.||Day 2- 180 MCQ’s 6 parts, 13 cases to be simulated on computer-based, while 10-20 minutes allotted for each simulation.|
|Purposes of the test||To understand the basic science, and its application to practice in the field of medicine||To have an understanding regarding the clinical science and its application||To test the students for their ability to attend patients, communicate with them to gather information||To test student’s knowledge of biomedical and clinical science, their application towards the patient and handling them during emergencies.|
USMLE Exam Eligibility
USMLE exam Step 1 and Step 2 Eligibility
Students shall be eligible for USMLE Step 1 and Step 2, ensuring if they meet the following requirements:
- For students from the US or Canada, the medical school from these places shall be accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education( LCME), which is the recognition from the US Department of Education.
- Students enrolled for DO ( Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine) must be accredited by the American Osteopathic Association ( AOA), it acts as accreditation for the osteopathic schools, colleges, and universities.
- Students who graduated outside the US and Canada must have been listed among the World directory of Medical Schools ( WDOMS) that meets ECFMG criteria and requirements for eligibility.
USMLE Step 3 Eligibility
- Students must have completed MD ( or another equivalent degree) from LCME accreditation medical school, colleges and universities.
- Students having a DO degree from AOA Accredited US medical school.
- Students completing MD courses from other country's medical schools must have been listed in WDOMS and possess certification from ECFMG.
Time limit to complete USMLE
The board has not set any limited time frame to complete USMLE, but many suggest completing within seven years. Thereby, 7 years can be considered as the standard time limit to complete USMLE. It implies for all the students wishing to pursue their career / higher education in the USA to complete USMLE within 7 years.
Number of attempts for USMLE exam
Within 1 year ( 12 months) students can give a maximum of 3 attempts on the USMLE exam. But for the 4th attempt the student must have to wait for 12 months post the 1st attempt and a minimum of 6 months after the third attempt, i.e. within the first 12 months of period, there can be three takes and try for the 4th and subsequent attempts, students must wait for 6 months from the time of the last attempt.
The maximum number of attempts to qualify for the USMLE exam procedure depends on the state the students wish to practice. Further, it is stated that the maximum number of attempts to the USMLE step is 6.
USMLE exam fee
The USMLE exam fee varies for different accreditation, the details are listed below:
|Medical School Category||USMLE Steps||USMLE exam fee|
|LCME Accredited/ AOA Accredited medical schools in US||USMLE Step 1||$630|
|USMLE Step 2 (Clinical knowledge)||$630|
|USMLE Step 2 (Clinical skills)||$1290|
|USMLE Step 3||$875|
|WDOMS listed medical schools meeting the criteria of ECFMG, located outside USA and Canada||USMLE Step 1||$940|
|USMLE Step 2 (Clinical knowledge)||$940|
|USMLE Step 2 (Clinical skills)||$1580|
|USMLE Step 3||$875|
USMLE passing score
For every USMLE step, there shall be separate results. The minimum score to qualify for USMLE exam are:
|USMLE steps||USMLE passing score|
|USMLE Step 1||194|
|USMLE Step 2 (Clinical knowledge)||209|
|USMLE Step 2 (Clinical skills)||Result declared as PASS/FAIL|
|USMLE Step 3||196|
Let's have a look at why DMSF excels at USMLE.
Davao Medical School Foundation (DMSF)
DMSF, founded in 1976, keeps up its commitment to fulfilling the dreams of medical aspirants around the world. They aim to provide the best healthcare professional to the world.DMSF has world-class facilities for its students which include smart classes, simulation labs, a 3D anatomy center, conference halls, hostel facilities, and many more to add up to the list. They have recognition and listing from USMLE making it easier for students wishing to settle in the USA.
DMSF on career prospects on USMLE
DMSF is recognized by the leading medical organizations in the world such as ECFMG, USMLE, FAIMER, MCI, and WHO. For the students who wish to study PG in the USA, this comes as a boon, as DMSF is listed among the ECFMG criteria for the USMLE Exam. Medical graduates interested in practicing medicine in the USA must have to qualify for the USMLE exam, approved by the ECFMG listed colleges.
- DMSF students receive extensive clinical training for the USMLE coaching
- DMSF mode of teaching is in the English language, making it easier for the students wishing to settle in America
- DMSF follows the American standard of education, while it is favorable for the students to study PG in the USA
- DMSF is the first college to use Simulation Mannequin and state-of-the-art equipment to diagnose.
- They have other features like a 3D Anatomage table, plastinated models, and more for the progress of students.
- During the 3rd and 4th years of the course, students are provided with an intense clinical rotation program.
- DMSF has an affiliation with five major hospitals located in Davao city.
- They have introduced a 3D imagery dissection unit, which is the first of its kind in the Philippines.
- For the real-time knowledge of the human body, DMSF adds a new cadaver to its laboratory for better understanding.
- To gain experiential learning, students get to visualize the virtual reality anatomy, which is the possible 3D learning of human parts.
Why choose DMSF?
- Affordable tuition fees
- Easy payment schemes for the payment of fees
- There shall be no language barrier, as the English language is the most spoken in the country
- There are several scholarships available for the students
- The infrastructure at DMSF has modern facilities.
- Advanced library system
Conclusion - DMSF on career prospects on USMLE
Davao Medical School Foundation is one of the best choices for the students to pursue MBBS as well as to study PG in the USA. DMSF provides high-quality training for the students to clear the USMLE exam. The exam consists of three USMLE steps. For the students wishing to hold a green card in the USA, DMSF paves the way to achieve their goal. DMSF provides utmost details through its teaching by providing clinical training to its students for USMLE Coaching.